Posted to dev@openwebbeans.apache.org by Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de> on 2009/01/19 18:28:19 UTC

comparison of features via TCK

Hi!

I'm currently doing kind of 'reverse compilation' of the JBoss TCK: i tried to compile the JBoss TCK against _our_ webbeans API, and got a huge list of compilation errors.
This may be caused by the fact that the TCK is not really up to date yet, but also due to missing functionality on our side.

I guess this is a result of the fast changing spec and most likely Gurkan knows about them, but just to make sure...

My catches so far (please verify):

1.)
spec [1]:
>3.5.2. Declaring a producer field using annotations
>A producer field may be declared by annotating a field with the
>@Produces annotation.
>  public class Shop {
>     @Produces PaymentProcessor paymentProcessor = ....
>     @Produces List<Product> products = ....;
>  }

but our Produces annotation only has @Target(METHOD) so far.
examples:
 @Produces public static String foo = "foo";
 @Produces static Integer bar = 1;
 @Produces static String johnDoe = getUnknownAuthor();

2.) our Bean<T> seems to miss the function getBindings()
>3.11. The Bean object for a bean
>public abstract class Bean<T>
>        implements Contextual<T> {
>public abstract Set<Annotation> getBindings();

btw: the getBindingTypes() from our implementation is not mentioned in the spec, isn't it?

3.) a question about this has already been brought up by Gurkan on the ri list, but for completeness I'll mention it also:
>9.1. The Context interface
>public Class<? extends Annotation> getScopeType();
>public <T> T get(Contextual<T> bean);
>public <T> T get(Contextual<T> bean, CreationalContext<T> creationalContext);

LieGrue,
strub

[1] WebBeans-Spec-20090116

Re: comparison of features via TCK