Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by banderson <br...@thomson.com> on 2007/11/01 20:52:49 UTC

HTTPS from remote client

I have a self-signed certificate (generated with keytool -genkey -alias
tomcat -keyalg RSA) and modified my server.xml file to uncomment the
connector on port 8443.  After restarting tomcat, I can access
https://localhost:8443 no problem, but when I try to reach it from a remote
computer, it times out.  Please let me know what I am missing.

RE: HTTPS from remote client

Posted by "Caldarale, Charles R" <Ch...@unisys.com>.
> From: banderson [mailto:brian.l.anderson@thomson.com]
> Subject: HTTPS from remote client
>
> when I try to reach it from a remote computer, it times
> out.  Please let me know what I am missing.

A firewall between the remote computer and Tomcat?  Unless you've
allowed port 8443 to go through, a timeout would be the expected
symptom.  If you happen to be running on a reasonably recent version of
Windows, unusual ports are blocked by default.

 - Chuck

and its attachments from all computers.