Posted to user@roller.apache.org by Guy McArthur <gu...@guymcarthur.com> on 2006/08/17 09:05:35 UTC

templates help needed

Greetings. I am going nuts trying to create custom templates with Roller
2.3. First by copying the basic theme into my own subdirectory of
themes. However, none of the changes I make are reflected on my blog
page, even after a cache-clearing browser reload. Secondly I tried by
using custom templates within the blog settings. Again, same problem. I
suppose there is some internal cache which needs to be cleared. But
hitting the blog 'flush cache' action or the server 'clear' for
WeblogPageCache has no effect. What do I need to do? This is incredibly
frustrating.

--
Guy

RE: templates help needed

Posted by skilskilskil <er...@gmail.com>.
I'm running into the same problem. Changes I make throught the web interface
using the "custom" theme are reflected immediately. If I try to make changes
to any of the files in the roller/themes directory I have to restart Roller
before they're reflected. It's kind of a pain. Any suggestions or will this
addressed in an upcoming release.

zeldamo wrote:

> Hi Guy,
> I think that templates are loaded when the application server starts. So i
> guess you have to restart your AS.
> I think the best way to design a template is first to do it through the
> Roller UI (then, no need to restart or flush cache), then when you are
> happy with it, create a real theme in the file system.
>
> Eric

RE: templates help needed

Posted by Er...@sanofipasteur.com.