Posted to derby-dev@db.apache.org by Nirmal Fernando <ni...@gmail.com> on 2010/08/18 16:13:03 UTC

GSoC-2010-Derby-4587- Summer Job Ends

Dear All,

As per the time line of GSoC-2010 I concluded my summer job at Apache Derby
on 16th of August. As you may know my summer job was to provide Derby a new
tool which generates a graphical query plan of an executed query. Work I've
done through this summer has logged in this JIRA
issue<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-4587>
.

I must say that I had the most wonderful summer of my life working with
Derby community, which consists of lots of experts who are so generous and
kind.

I like to thank Bryan, my mentor, for supporting and encouraging me
throughout, with out him I don't think this will become a reality, since I
was a newbie to the community.

Each and everyone in the community helped me a lot, by replying to my
questions on mailing list and also by experimenting the tool. Thank you very
much!

I will definitely continue to contribute to Derby in future as well! It has
become a passion of my life!

Thanks!!

--
Best Regards,
Nirmal

C.S.Nirmal J. Fernando
Faculty of Engineering,
University of Moratuwa,
Sri Lanka.

gtalk: nirmal070125

Re: GSoC-2010-Derby-4587- Summer Job Ends

Posted by Nirmal Fernando <ni...@gmail.com>.
Hi Kathey,

Thanks for the respond! I probably will involve in the further improvements
of PlanExporter tool and also there are some issues which I have touched
before the summer, so I'll resume work on them. I think I'll be able to
solve some other bug fixes as well as they arise! :)

I am stepping into my final year of my degree, so may have some quiet
periods as well!

But I'll try my best to involve with Derby!!

Thanks.

On Wed, Aug 18, 2010 at 8:05 PM, Kathey Marsden <kmarsdenderby@sbcglobal.net

--
Best Regards,
Nirmal

C.S.Nirmal J. Fernando
Faculty of Engineering,
University of Moratuwa,
Sri Lanka.

Re: GSoC-2010-Derby-4587- Summer Job Ends

Posted by Kathey Marsden <km...@sbcglobal.net>.