Posted to olio-dev@incubator.apache.org by Shanti Subramanyam <Sh...@Sun.COM> on 2008/10/15 21:19:07 UTC

Welcome, status and first discussion

It's been a while since this list was setup, so I thought we should get
started. Welcome to Olio ! Just to ensure that we are all in sync, let
me update everyone on where things stand.

Current Status:
Craig Russell setup the svn repository and was kind enough to check-in
the PHP kit. You can access it at
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/olio/
Unfortunately, we don't have any documentation posted yet. It's ready -
I just don't know where to post it since
I'm still waiting for the Confluence wiki to be setup
(https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-1749)
so that we can have a webpage that explains the project and have links
to various things.
If someone wants the doc, I can email it.

I believe all the committers are also still waiting on repository commit
access.

We do have JIRA setup to start logging issues and in fact, Sheetal and I
have already raised several of them. You can find them using the 'FIND
ISSUES' link at http://issues.apache.org/jira  (search for project Olio).

I'd like to setup a list of Components so that we can easily assign
issues to developers and would like suggestions on how to name them.
Here are my thoughts :
The basic components of the project currently are :  application,
dbloader, fileloader, driver
We need a way to specify which implementation we are referring to, so we
could prepend them with the same name we use in the directory structure
- e.g. php-dbloader etc.
Adding in categories for documentation, misc. I propose :

php-app, php-dbloader, php-fileloader, php-driver, php-doc
rails-app, rails....
misc

Do we need something for generic issues ? If so, do we need to further
categorize them ?

Shanti