Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Francisco Vides Fernandez <pa...@ns3.dedaloingenieros.com> on 2003/09/15 23:36:41 UTC

Logging with tomcat

Hello

I'm trying to do some loging using tomcat and commons-logging, but I
don't know how to make it work properly.

I'm using org.apache.commons.Log, and if I do something like

log.error (something);

It works properly, and I can see the output in tomcat log files, but
if I do

log.debug (something);

or

log.trace (something);

can't see any output. I've RTFM from tomcat and commons-logging, and
tried with values of debug in <Context>, <Logger> and such. Also
search the mail archives, but couldn't find anything on how to
configure this.

Could someone help me or point me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance

--
+------