Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Simon Pepping <sp...@leverkruid.eu> on 2006/07/28 22:03:31 UTC

Progress of modified Knuth elements

Hi all,

It seems appropriate that I explain what I have and have not done in
my project on modified Knuth elements.

1. I have developed a theory.
2. I have elaborated and described it in an essay.
3. I have written an implementation that applies the theory.
4. I have added a test class to my implementation which allows one to
   test the theory on a wide class of texts.

I have not written any specific FOP code.

My next step would be to create a FOP branch and implement the theory
in FOP. At the moment when I create such a branch, I assign myself a
large task. Perhaps that task is too large. I make no promises that I
will finish the task. Until now I have even hesitated to start the
task. I do this in my spare time. I do not want to overcommit myself.

That means that Vincent should not wait for me, nor should any one
else.

Regards, Simon

--
Simon Pepping