Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Sangeetha Sankaran <aq...@gmail.com> on 2008/12/16 13:51:48 UTC

Setting file permissions for checked out dirs and files

Hello,

Is there a way by which I can explicitly have group and world permissions
set for checked out files/dirs in SVN.

I want that checked out files have rwx only for group and owner but not even
read permissions for world. Is there a way to do this?
Some people seem to be doing this with their own utility scripts (
http://nhw.pl/blg/articles/ssvn/). I want to know if there is some other
way.

Thanks,
Sangeetha

Re: Setting file permissions for checked out dirs and files

Posted by Andy Levy <an...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Dec 16, 2008 at 08:51, Sangeetha Sankaran <aq...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Is there a way by which I can explicitly have group and world permissions
> set for checked out files/dirs in SVN.
>
> I want that checked out files have rwx only for group and owner but not even
> read permissions for world. Is there a way to do this?
> Some people seem to be doing this with their own utility scripts
> (http://nhw.pl/blg/articles/ssvn/). I want to know if there is some other
> way.

They're doing it with wrapper scripts because that's the only way.
Subversion doesn't have this built in.

Re: Setting file permissions for checked out dirs and files

Posted by Andy Levy <an...@gmail.com>.