Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Daniel Stenberg <da...@haxx.se> on 2002/04/26 16:39:52 UTC

neon output after make

Hey

Here's a very minor nit I think we should consider removing.

When we invoke 'make' in the subversion directory, lots of things happen and
in the end the neon makefile outputs something that may confuse subversion
users and that seems a bit irrelevant in this context:

  Compilation complete. Run 'make install' (as root?) to install neon.

But... when I run 'make install' as root, a lot more than neon will be
installed (hopefully)...!

--
      Daniel Stenberg - http://daniel.haxx.se - +46-705-44 31 77

Re: [neon] neon output after make

Posted by Joe Orton <jo...@manyfish.co.uk>.
On Fri, Apr 26, 2002 at 06:39:52PM +0200, Daniel Stenberg wrote:
> Hey
>
> Here's a very minor nit I think we should consider removing.
>
> When we invoke 'make' in the subversion directory, lots of things happen and
> in the end the neon makefile outputs something that may confuse subversion
> users and that seems a bit irrelevant in this context:
>
>   Compilation complete. Run 'make install' (as root?) to install neon.
>
> But... when I run 'make install' as root, a lot more than neon will be
> installed (hopefully)...!

The "supported" neon bundled build environment as used in cadaver etc
doesn't suffer from this problem: the fix as far as I'm concerned is to
just build neon/src rather than all of neon.

joe