Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Shapira, Yoav" <Yo...@mpi.com> on 2004/06/01 15:17:43 UTC

RE: Memory problems with Tomcat 4.1.27

Hi,
You can check the Sun site and places like javaperformancetuning.com for
papers on heap versus overall app memory.  This has also been addressed
several times on this list, so an archive search might prove
interesting.

You might have a memory leak: run inside a profiler to see if there are
allocated objects still referenced that should be deallocated.  If you
have a leak, the GC will run and run (longer and longer as your heap
grows), but won't be able to collect anything, resulting in the behavior
you describe.

If you can upgrade your JDK, tomcat, and struts versions you will be in
better shape at least as far as receiving support, but also for
debugging.

Yoav Shapira
Millennium Research Informatics

This e-mail, including any attachments, is a confidential business communication, and may contain information that is confidential, proprietary and/or privileged.  This e-mail is intended only for the individual(s) to whom it is addressed, and may not be saved, copied, printed, disclosed or used by anyone else.  If you are not the(an) intended recipient, please immediately delete this e-mail from your computer system and notify the sender.  Thank you.

RE: Memory problems with Tomcat 4.1.27

Posted by Bret Kumler <bk...@bitfone.com>.
Try using

http://research.sun.com/projects/jfluid/