Posted to dev@forrest.apache.org by Nicola Ken Barozzi <ni...@apache.org> on 2003/12/23 10:19:48 UTC

[VOTE] Ross Gardler as Forrest committer

It's quite some time now that Ross has been chiming into discussions
here, and has always been positive, collaborative, and patch-submitting.

Recently he is sending in useful patches and taking part in the
development of Forrest.

Thus, I propose him as Forrest committer, especially in this period in
which we we need more workers.

+1

             - verba volant, scripta manent -

Re: [VOTE] Ross Gardler as Forrest committer

Posted by Jeff Turner <je...@apache.org>.
On Tue, Dec 23, 2003 at 10:19:48AM +0100, Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:

> It's quite some time now that Ross has been chiming into discussions
> here, and has always been positive, collaborative, and patch-submitting.
>
> Recently he is sending in useful patches and taking part in the
> development of Forrest.
>
> Thus, I propose him as Forrest committer, especially in this period in
> which we we need more workers.
>
> +1

Enthusiastic +1

--Jeff

Re: [VOTE] Ross Gardler as Forrest committer

Posted by David Crossley <cr...@indexgeo.com.au>.
Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
> It's quite some time now that Ross has been chiming into discussions
> here, and has always been positive, collaborative, and patch-submitting.
>
> Recently he is sending in useful patches and taking part in the
> development of Forrest.
>
> Thus, I propose him as Forrest committer, especially in this period in
> which we we need more workers.
>
> +1

+1 from me.

(Thanks Nicola Ken. I was working toward proposing Ross too.)

--David

Re: [RESULT][VOTE] Ross Gardler as Forrest committer

Posted by Ross Gardler <rg...@wkwyw.net>.
Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
> We have recieved 4 +1s and no -1s, thus Ross Gardler has been voted in
> by the Forrest community.

Cool. Thanks for the vote of confidence. I hope I can do the community
justice. Forrest is a core part of some new research work I have started
up here at the University of the West Indies (Trinidad Campus), if
anyone wnats a holiday you now know where I am :-)

(I'll deal with the paperwork/admin ASAP)

Ross

Re: [RESULT][VOTE] Ross Gardler as Forrest committer

Posted by Nicola Ken Barozzi <ni...@apache.org>.
Ross Gardler wrote:

> Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
>
>>   notinavail:Ross Duncan Cardler:ross@sahfe.org:Signed CLA
>>
>> Is it you Ross (->a typo) or someone else?
>
> This is either my terrible writing or a couple of typo's:
>
> Ross Duncan Gardler:ross@saafe.org
>
> I'll send an email to you privately from that address so that you can
> inform root that it is valid.

Ok, fixed.

notinavail:Ross Duncan Gardler:ross@saafe.org:Signed CLA

go ahead, Jeff :-)

Posted by Ross Gardler <rg...@wkwyw.net>.

Posted by Nicola Ken Barozzi <ni...@apache.org>.
Jeff Turner wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 26, 2003 at 10:12:32PM +0100, Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
>
>>Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
>>Jeff, you are "our" PMC member, would you mind sending root the account
>>request?
>
> Ross has faxed his CLA.  Could you (Nicola) please check in
> foundation/clas.txt that it has been acknowledged?  It needs to be there
> before we bother root@, and I don't have sufficient karma.

I have found this:

Posted by Jeff Turner <je...@apache.org>.
On Fri, Dec 26, 2003 at 10:12:32PM +0100, Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
> Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
> >Thus, I propose him as Forrest committer
>
> We have recieved 4 +1s and no -1s, thus Ross Gardler has been voted in
> by the Forrest community.
>
> :-)
>

> Jeff, you are "our" PMC member, would you mind sending root the account
> request?

Ross has faxed his CLA.  Could you (Nicola) please check in
foundation/clas.txt that it has been acknowledged?  It needs to be there
before we bother root@, and I don't have sufficient karma.

Thanks,

--Jeff

[RESULT][VOTE] Ross Gardler as Forrest committer

Posted by Nicola Ken Barozzi <ni...@apache.org>.
Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
> Thus, I propose him as Forrest committer

We have recieved 4 +1s and no -1s, thus Ross Gardler has been voted in
by the Forrest community.

:-)

Jeff, you are "our" PMC member, would you mind sending root the account
request?

  http://www.apache.org/dev/pmc.html

Ross, please tell Jeff what id you prefer; at least three choices and
please don't use just the name or surname in them.

Also fax in a CLA:
  http://www.apache.org/licenses/#clas

Without having it on file your account will not be created.

In the meantime, while you wait, you can read this:

   http://www.apache.org/dev/committers.html#general

... and get ready to commit your patches ;-)  :-)

             - verba volant, scripta manent -