Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by oferiko <of...@gmail.com> on 2010/07/12 01:05:33 UTC

stemmed terms and phrases in a combined query

Hey guys, a question about query multiple fields.

I would like to query my index with queries that contained some words that
should be stemmed and some that should not. For example, for the query:
Nike's new "running shoes", i would like to be able to get also nike, but
for "running shoes" i would like to get exact phrases only.

>From reading here i guess i'll have to index my text into two filelds, one
that goes through a stemmer (text_clean), and the other that doesn't
(text_orig).

My question is how do i query that?
q=text_clean:Nike's new text_orig:"running shoes"
seems like it would work, but not sure its the best way.

Is there a way i can tell the parser(or extend it) so that every phrase
query it will use one field and for others will use the default field?

TIA

Re: stemmed terms and phrases in a combined query

Posted by Chris Hostetter <ho...@fucit.org>.
: My question is how do i query that?
: q=text_clean:Nike's new text_orig:"running shoes"
: seems like it would work, but not sure its the best way.

that's a perfectly good way to do it.

: Is there a way i can tell the parser(or extend it) so that every phrase
: query it will use one field and for others will use the default field?

not with any of the existing parsers.

-Hoss