Posted to user@click.apache.org by ehammerv <er...@xilinx.com> on 2010/05/13 19:25:11 UTC

Having trouble with resource binding

I am trying to use Cayenne and Click along with the Spring framwork to bind a
resource like they do in the example page (See "Apache Cayenne Form " under
Integration)
This uses a resource loader to bind the database context to the model

    @Resource(name="kntaLookupsService")
    private KntaLookupsService kntaLookupsService;

For some reason i cannot get it to work, does anyone have documentation
related to implementing this or have another working example.  Thanks ...E
This is the error message i am getting

deployed with moduleid = ApacheClick
NAM0006: JMS Destination object not found: kntaLookupsService
javax.naming.NameNotFoundException
javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: kntaLookupsService not found

Re: Having trouble with resource binding

Posted by Bob Schellink <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

On 14/05/2010 03:25, ehammerv wrote:

> I am trying to use Cayenne and Click along with the Spring framwork to bind a
> resource like they do in the example page (See "Apache Cayenne Form " under
> Integration)
> This uses a resource loader to bind the database context to the model
>
>     @Resource(name="kntaLookupsService")
>     private KntaLookupsService kntaLookupsService;
>
> For some reason i cannot get it to work, does anyone have documentation
> related to implementing this or have another working example.  Thanks ...E
> This is the error message i am getting
>
> deployed with moduleid = ApacheClick
> NAM0006: JMS Destination object not found: kntaLookupsService
> javax.naming.NameNotFoundException
> javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: kntaLookupsService not found

So you are trying inject a JMS destination into a Click page through Spring? This doesn't look like
a Click related problem but a Spring configuration issue. The JMS destination cannot be found. To
simplify things I suggest you take Click out of the equation first and simply configure Spring to
inject the service into another Spring bean instead of a Click page. Once you have that working you
can inject it into a Click page.

Kind regards

Bob