Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Phillip Hellewell <ss...@gmail.com> on 2011/09/02 16:58:05 UTC

Re: Set read-only flag on unpacked dependencies

I take it I need to write a little plugin :)

BTW, for any who are curious, the purpose is that because some of our
components are C++, they deliver both dlls and headers for the interface, so
unlike C# and other languages where interfaces are binary too, we have the
problem where we might accidentally modify a header file not realizing it
came from a dependency, and never find out about it until it breaks someone
else.  Hence, the idea we came up with was to automatically flag the
dependency files as read-only after unpacking.

Phillip