Posted to dev@hive.apache.org by Lefty Leverenz <le...@gmail.com> on 2014/08/03 21:36:19 UTC

Nonexistent "region" parameters in the wiki

The wiki has a small section for region configuration parameters
<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/Hive/Configuration+Properties#ConfigurationProperties-Regions>,
but none of the parameters exist in any released branch -- not in
HiveConf.java, not in the old hive-default.xml file, not in the template
file.

The word "region" doesn't even exist in any HiveConf or default.xml file.

   - Does anyone know where these three parameters came from?
   - Can they be deleted from the wiki?

Regionshive.use.input.primary.region

>    - Default Value: true
>    - Added In:
>
> When creating a table from an input table, create the table in the input
> table's primary region.
> hive.default.region.name
>
>    - Default Value: default
>    - Added In:
>
> The default region name.
> hive.region.properties
>
>    - Default Value: (empty)
>    - Added In:
>
> The default filesystem and jobtracker for a region.

-- Lefty

Re: Nonexistent "region" parameters in the wiki

Posted by Lefty Leverenz <le...@gmail.com>.
Brilliant!  That trick might save me a lot of time on future searches.
 Thanks Lars.

-- Lefty

Author: Namit Jain <na...@apache.org>
Date:   Sat Feb 11 07:49:28 2012 +0000

Posted by Lefty Leverenz <le...@gmail.com>.
Here's the explanation I put in the Regions section
<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/Hive/Configuration+Properties#ConfigurationProperties-Regions>
of Configuration Properties:

Reverted by HIVE-2612 in Hive 0.9.0
Icon

The configuration properties that used to be documented in this section
(hive.use.input.primary.region, hive.default.region.name, and
hive.region.properties) existed temporarily in trunk before Hive release
0.9.0 but they were removed before the release. See HIVE-2612
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HIVE-2612> and HIVE-2965
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HIVE-2965>.

Apologies for any confusion caused by their former inclusion in this
document.

Now all the parameters have version information in the wiki. Of course that
doesn't mean the wiki has all the parameters. (WIP.)

-- Lefty

Posted by Lefty Leverenz <le...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Lars Francke <la...@gmail.com>.
Hey Lefty,