Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Holly Nadel <na...@sbc.edu> on 2015/07/17 22:54:51 UTC

Broken Download Link

Hi,
I've been having some issues downloading OpenOffice 4.1.1 on my computer
through Google Chrome.  I'm running Windows 7 Professional SP 1 (64-bit) on
it and I can get as far as clicking the SourceForge link... and then it
goes into an endless loop back and forth between two pages, never letting
me anywhere near the download.  I've never had any issues with OpenOffice
or SourceForge before, so I'm baffled twice over right now.  Any answers?
Thanks,
Holly

*Problem description*

*Exchange this text to describe the problem (What does not work? What do
you expect?)**Browser variables**Values*navigator.appCodeNameMozilla
navigator.appNameNetscapenavigator.appVersion5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64)
AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/43.0.2357.134 Safari/537.36
navigator.platformWin32navigator.oscpuundefinednavigator.cpuClassundefined
navigator.productGeckonavigator.productSub20030107navigator.vendorGoogle
Inc.navigator.vendorSubnavigator.languageen-USnavigator.browserLanguage
undefinednavigator.userLanguageundefinednavigator.systemLanguageundefined
navigator.userAgentMozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64) AppleWebKit/537.36
(KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/43.0.2357.134 Safari/537.36Debian / Ubuntu /
IceWeasel ?No / No / No*Stable Release* *JavaScript functions/variables*
*Values*Language ISO codeen-USLanguage ISO code (from select box)en-USRelease
matrix platform position (full)11Release matrix platform position (lp)12Release
matrix platform array datay,134Release matrix language array dataen-US,English
(US),English (US),y,download/index.htmlUI platform nameWindows (EXE)UI
platform name (not supported)Platform (short)win32URL platform name (full)
Win_x86_installURL platform name (lp)Win_x86_langpackURL platform name
(from select box)win32Version (from select box)4.1.1File name (full)
Apache_OpenOffice_4.1.1_Win_x86_install_en-US.exeFile name (lp)
Apache_OpenOffice_4.1.1_Win_x86_langpack_en-US.exeFile extension.exeFile
size (full) (MByte)134File size (lp) (MByte)18Release infoMilestone
AOO411m6 | Build ID 9775 | SVN r1617669 | Released 2014-08-21Download file
link (full)
http://sourceforge.net/projects/openofficeorg.mirror/files/4.1.1/binaries/en-US/Apache_OpenOffice_4.1.1_Win_x86_install_en-US.exe/downloadDownload
file link (lp)
http://sourceforge.net/projects/openofficeorg.mirror/files/4.1.1/binaries/en-US/Apache_OpenOffice_4.1.1_Win_x86_langpack_en-US.exe/downloadChecksum
file link (full) (here for MD5)
http://archive.apache.org/dist/openoffice/4.1.1/binaries/en-US/Apache_OpenOffice_4.1.1_Win_x86_install_en-US.exe.md5Checksum
file link (lp) (here for MD5)
http://archive.apache.org/dist/openoffice/4.1.1/binaries/en-US/Apache_OpenOffice_4.1.1_Win_x86_langpack_en-US.exe.md5Base
URL to Sourceforge.net
http://sourceforge.net/projects/openofficeorg.mirror/files/4.1.1/binaries/Base
URL to Apache Archivehttp://archive.apache.org/dist/openoffice/4.1.1getLinkSelection()
(download URL)undefinedisLanguageSupported() (true/false) ?trueShow the
sub-box (true/false) ?trueGeneral error (true/false) ?false

Re: Broken Download Link

Posted by Marcus <ma...@wtnet.de>.
As you can see on the Sourceforge website they currently have a problem
with storage:

<quote>
SF.net Operations @sfnet_ops

#SourceForge site is read-only, developer services disabled due to
storage infra fault. Service restoral work in-progress, ETA to follow
</quote>

As alternative you can try to get the favorite install file from here:

http://heanet.dl.sourceforge.net/project/openofficeorg.mirror/4.1.1/binaries/

Just choose the needed language and then the needed OS. Yes, long lists
and therefore not really user-fiendly. But it's just a fallback. ;-)

HTH

Marcus