Posted to dev@servicemix.apache.org by Gert Vanthienen <ge...@gmail.com> on 2012/11/05 21:59:47 UTC

Getting ready for 4.5.0

L.S.,

I have made an additional pass over all subprojects to be released to get
dependencies and versions aligned.  A new SNAPSHOT has been uploaded to
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/snapshots/org/apache/servicemix/apache-servicemix/4.5.0-SNAPSHOT/(as
well as for apache-servicemix-minimal, apache-servicemix-jbi and
apache-servicemix-full) so if anyone has any cycles available to download
and play with these SNAPSHOTs, any feedback would be appreciated.

If everything looks OK, I'd like to start doing release builds towards the
end of the week.

Regards,

Gert Vanthienen
------------------------
FuseSource
Web: http://fusesource.com

Re: Getting ready for 4.5.0

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi Gert,

and thanks for the update.

I gonna play with the SNAPSHOTS later today and keep you posted.

Regards
JB

On 11/05/2012 09:59 PM, Gert Vanthienen wrote:
> L.S.,
>

> I have made an additional pass over all subprojects to be released to get
> dependencies and versions aligned.  A new SNAPSHOT has been uploaded to
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/snapshots/org/apache/servicemix/apache-servicemix/4.5.0-SNAPSHOT/(as
> well as for apache-servicemix-minimal, apache-servicemix-jbi and
> apache-servicemix-full) so if anyone has any cycles available to download
> and play with these SNAPSHOTs, any feedback would be appreciated.
>
> If everything looks OK, I'd like to start doing release builds towards the
> end of the week.
>

> Regards,
>
> Gert Vanthienen
> ------------------------
> FuseSource
> Web: http://fusesource.com

Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org
http://blog.nanthrax.net
Talend - http://www.talend.com

Re: Getting ready for 4.5.0

Posted by Filippo Balicchia <fb...@gmail.com>.
Hi Gert,

the patch works for me.

About migrate from Activiti  5.9 to 5.10 IMHO can be done.
I have read release notes and seems Activiti team have done a big job
of bugfixing and improved performance
Please read release notes for more details.

from point of view of servicemix with the upgrade of activiti we need
create a new bundle for myibatis
version>=3.1.0.

I think that the introduction of this dependence does not lead
problems. Olso camel-ibatis should continue to works.

if for you is ok.
I can create the fix for the update

Regards

--Filippo

Re: Getting ready for 4.5.0

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Thanks Gert,

It makes sense for 4.6.0 with Karaf 2.3.x, and the release plan.

I gonna make a try on the SNAPSHOT.

Regards
JB

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org

Re: Getting ready for 4.5.0

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
FYI,

I'm releasing Specs 2.2.0 (especially including JAX-RS spec bundle).

Re: Getting ready for 4.5.0

Posted by Freeman Fang <fr...@gmail.com>.
+1
Thanks
-------------
Freeman(Yue) Fang

Red Hat, Inc.
FuseSource is now part of Red Hat
Twitter: freemanfang
Blog: http://freemanfang.blogspot.com
http://blog.sina.com.cn/u/1473905042
weibo: http://weibo.com/u/1473905042

Re: Getting ready for 4.5.0

Posted by Gert Vanthienen <ge...@gmail.com>.
L.S.,

Re: Getting ready for 4.5.0

Posted by "Ge@@ru" <ge...@gmail.com>.
Hi JB,

Re: Getting ready for 4.5.0

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi Daniele,

Re: Getting ready for 4.5.0

Posted by "Ge@@ru" <ge...@gmail.com>.

Re: Getting ready for 4.5.0

Posted by Gert Vanthienen <ge...@gmail.com>.
Hey Daniele

Re: Getting ready for 4.5.0

Posted by "Ge@@ru" <ge...@gmail.com>.

Re: Getting ready for 4.5.0

Posted by Gert Vanthienen <ge...@gmail.com>.
Hey Filippo,

Thanks for reporting this issue and for providing the fix for it - cfr.
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SMX4-1272 !
After applying this fix, I gave the activiti-camel example a quick test
spin and it seemed to work fine for me, but be sure to let us know if you
experience any more issues with it so we can look into them before doing
the release.

I also noticed that Activiti 5.10 is out as well.  Haven't looked into
what's new for it, but we might want to try and upgrade - fancy taking a
stab at that as well?

Regards,

Gert Vanthienen
------------------------
FuseSource
Web: http://fusesource.com

Re: Getting ready for 4.5.0

Posted by Filippo Balicchia <fb...@gmail.com>.
Hi Gert,

features  connector and activiti can't be installed because their
feature declaration
has a wrong reference.

Here the patch.

--from here --
Index: assemblies/apache-servicemix/src/main/filtered-resources/features.xml
--- assemblies/apache-servicemix/src/main/filtered-resources/features.xml	(revisione
1406071)
+++ assemblies/apache-servicemix/src/main/filtered-resources/features.xml	(copia

Re: Getting ready for 4.5.0

Posted by "Ge@@ru" <ge...@gmail.com>.
Hi Gert,