Posted to user@commons.apache.org by Sarath Ambadas <sa...@gmail.com> on 2006/11/13 17:19:13 UTC

[Net] FTP: Authenticator.setDefault() storing the value statically

Hi
My application connects to multiple FTP Servers using Commons net 141
libraries. I am also using seperate proxy server with socks authentication
for each FTP server. That means my application connects to each ftp server
through a seperate proxy server.
For authentication I am using the java.net.Authenticator class. If its a
single FTP server everything is fine as expected but if I use multiple ftp
server (with seperate proxy for each), the socks authentication is failing
as the Authenticator.setDefault() stores the Authenticator object in a
static object. The user name and password are getting updated to the last
proxy authentication values and its failing.
Did anybody face this problem and can you advise/help on this.
I have work around where I instantiate the Authenticator object every time
when Socket is created. but I think this is not at all a goodway to do.

can anybody comment on this issue. Thanks in Advance
Sarath K Ambadas