Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Andrew Robinson <an...@gmail.com> on 2007/08/27 21:47:09 UTC

[Trinidad] panelLabelAndMessage doesn't render message?

I presume this is a bug, but wanted to make sure before reporting it.

Code from PanelLabelAndMessageRenderer in 1.0.2:

@Override
  protected boolean hasMessage(
    FacesContext        context,
    RenderingContext arc,
    UIComponent         component,
    FacesBean           bean)
  {
    return false;
  }

As you can see, a message will never be rendered. The red X appears in
the label, but the message is never rendered as a result of the above
code.

The LabelAndMessage renderer seems to have the correct code, but is
overridden by the above code.

Anyone know the purpose, if any, of this?

Thanks,
Andrew

Re: [Trinidad] panelLabelAndMessage doesn't render message?

Posted by Adam Winer <aw...@gmail.com>.
Huh.  That's WEIRD.

-- Adam