Posted to dev@metron.apache.org by Justin Leet <ju...@gmail.com> on 2017/12/19 14:19:29 UTC

[DISCUSS] Lowering the barrier to entry to for new users

One of the topics that came up in recent community meeting was about
lowering the barrier to entry for new users.

This is a fairly broad topic that I think covers a few different subtopics.

1) Addressing (or making it easier to address) some of the things we've
seen on the user group from people getting started.
2) Making contributing easier and the ways to do so more obvious.  This
includes things like making it easier to find on our site (compare our page
to Storm's, for example).  It also includes things like reassessing our PR
template (For example, is everything still useful enough to keep it?).
3) Anything else that would make help users adopt Metron and become
actively involved in reviewing, fixes, docs, and all the other sorts of
things that make our stuff better.

I'm mostly going to open this up to a general discussion and brainstorming,
and presumably we come out with some tickets at the end of this.

Re: [DISCUSS] Lowering the barrier to entry to for new users

Posted by Justin Leet <ju...@gmail.com>.
I just opened https://github.com/apache/metron/pull/881, for a
CONTRIBUTING.md after remembering I'd done two-thirds of it forever ago.
Feel free to provide feedback on the PR.

Posted by "Zeolla@GMail.com" <ze...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Laurens Vets <la...@daemon.be>.