Posted to general@xml.apache.org by ma...@corrosive.co.uk on 2001/11/14 16:15:52 UTC

website ++ - "monochromatic" version

At 4:30 PM +0100 11/5/01, Vincent Hardy wrote:
>This would make the overall design monochromatic and I think it
>would look great.

following Vincent Hardy's comments, a "monochromatic" version can be
found at (only index.html page):

http://www.corrosive.co.uk/xml_apache_org/site-mono/

max
--

------------------------------

Max Guglielmino
Corrosive
http://www.corrosive.co.uk

Re: website ++ - "monochromatic" version

Posted by Ben Coman <be...@aurema.com>.
i should have piped up with this earlier, however i wasn't sure whether
i was being pedantic:)

i'm finding the repetition of xml.apache.org a bit funny to look at,
besides being redundant.

It might look good to have "xml.apache.org > news" in the dark strip.
How to arrange stuff around that is less clear. The now blank light-blue
strip could be kept for asthetics. The "www.apache.org www.w3c.org", but
it might still fit where it is, or might move into the top light-blue
strip.

or, the the second light-blue strip could be removed, the dark strip
could be the same colour as the logo background, the sidebar moved up to
abut the logo, the links off xml.apache.org "www.apache.org www.w3c.org"
in the first light strip, so the dark strip is purely "xml.apace.org",

...but then you don't want this to go round forever:)

regards,
ben

Xerces.jar version

Posted by Pierre Quilliam <pi...@cognicase.ca>.
Hi,

I'm new to Xerces so here's my first Xerces for dummies question:

Is there a class/method, MetaData.getVersion() for example, somewhere
in the API that will show me the exact version of the Xerces.jar that I
have installed
on my system (I'm not the guy who originally downloaded and installed it)
?

The jar -tvf xerces.jar command shows, among other things:

     0 Mon Jan 15 17:11:12 EST 2001 META-INF/
    68 Mon Jan 15 17:11:12 EST 2001 META-INF/MANIFEST.MF
     6 Mon Jan 15 17:11:10 EST 2001 Xerces_Ver_3_1_1.info

And I also see the following version info:

Xerces 1.4.3 at http://xml.apache.org/xerces-j/releases.html
Xerces 2.0.0 (beta) at http://xml.apache.org/xerces2-j/releases.html

Can you help ?

Thanks :)

Pete

Re: website ++ - "monochromatic" version

Posted by Andy Clark <an...@apache.org>.
max@corrosive.co.uk wrote:
> following Vincent Hardy's comments, a "monochromatic" version can be
> found at (only index.html page):
>
> http://www.corrosive.co.uk/xml_apache_org/site-mono/

Very nice. I like the colors a lot. :)

Minor nit: The way that the Apache logo overlaps the title
bar looks odd. It would be better if it completely overlapped
that bar with an equal size on both sides, if you know what
I mean.

Re: website ++ - "monochromatic" version

Posted by "Theodore W. Leung" <tw...@sauria.com>.
I like this too.  Better than the color one.  Should I start making
stylesheet diffs?

Ted

Posted by Berin Loritsch <bl...@apache.org>.
max@corrosive.co.uk wrote:

> At 4:30 PM +0100 11/5/01, Vincent Hardy wrote:
>
>> This would make the overall design monochromatic and I think it would
>> look great.
>

> following Vincent Hardy's comments, a "monochromatic" version can be
> found at (only index.html page):
>
> http://www.corrosive.co.uk/xml_apache_org/site-mono/
>
> max

Ooh, nice :)