Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by luqmanahmad <lu...@gmail.com> on 2018/08/12 22:08:33 UTC

Free Network Segmentation (akas split brain) plugin available

Hi all,

Recently I was working on a project which required a very large number of
cluster over 700 nodes and we were encountering with split brain problem. To
overcome that problem I have recently developed the plugin for network
segmentation which can be downloaded from [1].

This can be taken as a gift as it was a much needed functionality which was
missing from the open source version. At the moment there are two
segementation resolvers are available. I am still thinking of writing one
for TcpIp depending on the time.

Any problems with the plugin, please let me know. Happy coding!!!!

[1]  ignite-plugins <https://github.com/luqmanahmad/ignite-plugins>

Re: Free Network Segmentation (aka split brain) plugin available

Posted by luqmanahmad <lu...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Dmitry. I have also added the initial version of TcpIpSegmentation -
Still not sure about it but hopefully it should fill the purpose - So far I
have tested it with postgres, sql server and tomcat

Re: Free Network Segmentation (aka split brain) plugin available

Posted by dkarachentsev <dk...@gridgain.com>.
Hi,

Nice work, thank you! I'm sure it will be very useful. Looking forward for
your contributions in Apache Ignite project ;)

Thanks!
-Dmitry

Re: Free Network Segmentation (akas split brain) plugin available

Posted by Denis Magda <dm...@apache.org>.
Hello Luqman,

That's an excellent plugin! Copying the dev list so that everyone knows.

--
Dneis

Posted by Denis Magda <dm...@apache.org>.
Hello Luqman,

Re: Free Network Segmentation (aka split brain problem) plugin available

Posted by joseheitor <jo...@heitorprojects.com>.
Hi Luqman,

Does your plugin just detect a segmentation occurrence? Or does it also
resolve the split-brain condition?

Thanks,
Jose

Re: Free Network Segmentation (aka split brain problem) plugin available

Posted by Luqman Ahmad <lu...@gmail.com>.
Hi Jose,

It is backward compatible.

Instructions for building with different version of ignite are already on
https://github.com/luqmanahmad/ignite-plugins#usage.

Let me know if you need any help with it.

Thanks,
Luqman

Posted by joseheitor <jo...@heitorprojects.com>.
Hi Luqman,