Posted to dev@sling.apache.org by Ruben Reusser <rr...@headwire.com> on 2019/07/14 15:44:46 UTC

nodejs based sling packager

Dear Sling Developers,

in an effort to help 'front end developers' embrace Apache Sling and in
order to make simple front-end Sling projects maven independent we
created a node only slingpackager [1] and a sample VueJs based Slnig
Content Browser [2] as a showcase project.

We'd like to see the slingpackager (and potentially the showcase
example) be part of Apache Sling and maybe live on npmjs in an Apache
Sling organization (@apachesling for example).

We'd love to hear what you think about this!

Ruben Reusser

[1] https://github.com/peregrine-cms/slingpackager
[2] https://github.com/peregrine-cms/simple-sling-vue-example

Re: nodejs based sling packager

Posted by Ruben Reusser <rr...@headwire.com>.
Konrad,

since the tool packages and deploys it is dependent Jackrabbit-Vault for
the package format and on Apache Sling and Composum for the
upload/install/list/uninstall/delete endpoint. I'd honestly much prefer
for it to be an Apache Sling module.

Ruben

Posted by Konrad Windszus <ko...@gmx.de>.
Hi Ruben,

Posted by Ruben Reusser <rr...@headwire.com>.
Dan, thanks for reporting the issue - what version of sling, java, node
are you using?

Posted by Daniel Klco <dk...@apache.org>.
Ruben,

Posted by Robert Munteanu <ro...@apache.org>.
On Tue, 2019-07-16 at 17:26 -0700, Henry Saginor wrote:
> Hi Robert,
>
> I created the following proposal JIRA
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SLING-8584
>
> Please let Ruben and me know if anything else is needed.

Thanks, Henry, LGTM. I think we are ready to start discussing the
contribution. I will be offline for the next two weeks, so it would be
great if someone else from the PMC can look into this.

Thanks,

Robert

Re: nodejs based sling packager

Posted by Henry Saginor <hs...@gmail.com>.
Hi Robert,

I created the following proposal JIRA
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SLING-8584

Please let Ruben and me know if anything else is needed.

Henry

Posted by Robert Munteanu <ro...@apache.org>.
Hi Ruben,

IP clearance (was: nodejs based sling packager)

Posted by Robert Munteanu <ro...@apache.org>.
Hi,

I have started the contribution vote for the Sling Packager
contribution. Thanks for contributing this and sorry for the delay.

I am not sure whether this module should go through IP clearance, e.g.
it is a "substantial contribution" in the terms of [3].

I would be interested in knowing what others that accepted
contributions have to say on the topic.

Thanks!

Robert

[3]: http://incubator.apache.org/ip-clearance/