Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by David Nalley <da...@gnsa.us> on 2013/07/02 18:00:15 UTC

qemu-kvm not required by cloudstack-agent rpm package?

So I just installed a new 4.1.0 instance and found that qemu-kvm isn't
installed when the agent is. Is this by design or did we accidentally
omit this? Unless someone tells me otherwise, I will plan on fixing
this prior to 4.1.1

However, in 4.2, we have the situation with LXC now entering the fold,
that we could install the agent but not need qemu-kvm. How should we
handle this? meta packages? (cloudstack-kvm and cloudstack-lxc)

--David

Re: qemu-kvm not required by cloudstack-agent rpm package?

Posted by Wido den Hollander <wi...@widodh.nl>.
On 07/03/2013 04:37 PM, Chip Childers wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 02, 2013 at 10:00:01PM +0200, Wido den Hollander wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> On 07/02/2013 06:00 PM, David Nalley wrote:
>>> So I just installed a new 4.1.0 instance and found that qemu-kvm isn't
>>> installed when the agent is. Is this by design or did we accidentally
>>> omit this? Unless someone tells me otherwise, I will plan on fixing
>>> this prior to 4.1.1
>>>

>> Checked the Deb packages, but those are fine.
>>
>>> However, in 4.2, we have the situation with LXC now entering the fold,
>>> that we could install the agent but not need qemu-kvm. How should we
>>> handle this? meta packages? (cloudstack-kvm and cloudstack-lxc)
>>>

>> Yes, I think a meta package would be the way to go here.
>>
>> I'd say:
>> - cloudstack-agent-kvm
>> - cloudstack-agent-lxc
>> - cloudstack-agent (which has all the agent code in it)
>
> Seems reasonable to me!
>
> Any takers to do (1) RPMs, (2) DEBs, (3) Doc updates?

I'll take the DEBs :)

Wido

Posted by Chip Childers <ch...@sungard.com>.

Posted by Wido den Hollander <wi...@widodh.nl>.