Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by gr...@grantcarrington.freeyellow.com on 2021/06/06 18:36:57 UTC

open office questions

I am looking for a word processor that  does not require being on the
internet but that I can download into my computer (for a fee of course)
that will accept DOC documents and that will create DOC documents.
Thank you.

--grant carrington

Re: open office questions

Posted by F Campos Costero <fj...@gmail.com>.
If you truly mean the doc format and not docx, OpenOffice does read and
write that. It reads docx but does not write it. There is no fee for
OpenOffice, just download it from www.openoffice.org.
I would recommend saving your documents in OpenOffice's native odt format
and saving as doc only when you are done editing. Saving in a foreign
format always carries the risk of some loss of formatting.

Regards,
Francis