Posted to users@jena.apache.org by Mikael Pesonen <mi...@lingsoft.fi> on 2016/11/02 12:51:26 UTC

Tools for browsing and editing RDF data

Hi,

I'm having trouble to find tools which a non-SPARQL person could use for
editing and viewing any kind of semantic data on Jena triplestore. For
example we have metadata describing files and people using Dublin Core
and FOAF ontologies, and we would to edit that metadata.

I guess such a system would need some kind of templates to define the
underlying SPARQL queries. For example what set of triplets is a record
(a set of data that is selected for editing), which fields of a record
can be modified or deleted and so on. Field types, class hierarchies etc
could be read from ontology schemas.

Hope there exist such a system.

BR,
Mikael Pesonen

--
www.lingsoft.fi

Speech Applications - Language Management - Translation - Reader's and Writer's Tools - Text Tools - E-books and M-books

Mikael Pesonen
System Engineer

e-mail: mikael.pesonen@lingsoft.fi
Tel. +358 2 279 3300

Time zone: GMT+2

Helsinki Office
Etel�ranta 10
FI-00130 Helsinki
FINLAND

Turku Office
Linnankatu 10 A
FI-20100 Turku
FINLAND

Re: Tools for browsing and editing RDF data

Posted by Olivier Rossel <ol...@gmail.com>.
In Datao, each stored SPARQL query has an associated Protege Form. The
SPARQL query results feed the Protege Form widgets. And each Protege
Form widget, when changed, sends the appropriate UPDATE (or INSERT) to
the endpoint of the SPARQL query.
Very basic, but it works.

Posted by Stian Soiland-Reyes <st...@apache.org>.

Posted by Mikael Pesonen <mi...@lingsoft.fi>.
Hi,

on web page it says VIVO is for representing scholarship. But it is
fully configurable to view and edit other ontologies? On documentation
(pdf) I couldn't find info on how to define custom input forms so would
that be possible?

Br,
Mikael

Posted by Mikael Pesonen <mi...@lingsoft.fi>.
Thank you. Looks like VIVO has all the functionality we need, so we are
going to test it.

Br,
Mikael

Posted by "John A. Fereira" <ja...@cornell.edu>.
Vitro is basically the core of VIVO, but without a pre-loaded ontology.  The VIVO ontology is primarily centered around the academic environment and scholarship (it is being used by many universities) but VIVO also includes other ontologies like FOAF, VCard, the UN geo-political ontology and others.  The site you mention was just brought up by someone else at Cornell on our local chat forum.  It’s a very old site that pre-dated the migration of VIVO/Vitro as a community open source project.  It was originally developed at Cornell (by my former boss, who retired in January).   The vivoweb.org site now has much of the current information about VIVO.  There’s also a space on the Duraspace wiki (https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/VIVO/VIVO) that has a lot of information and the source code is available on github (https://github.com/vivo-project/VIVO)  Use the rel-1.9.1 tag for the latest release.  If you just want Vitro, go here: https://github.com/vivo-project/Vitro

On 11/8/16, 1:09 PM, "Olivier Rossel" <ol...@gmail.com> wrote:

    While digging my bookmarks, i found something related to VIVO: it is called Vitro. Cf http://vitro.mannlib.cornell.edu
    Is it stll relevant, in your opinion?

    Envoyé de mon iPhone