Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by da...@zv.fraunhofer.de on 2017/07/24 10:34:27 UTC

Increase CIDR list parameter length limit of API when creating VPN customer gateway

Dear all,

one of our customer has the requirement to tunnel all traffic from a VPC back to his site, even normal Internet traffic. As it is not possible to use “0.0.0.0/0” as CIDR (since CloudStack complains that this is overlapping with the VPC network, which I do not really understand as well), I wrote a small script to exclude a given IP network from 0.0.0.0/0, returning a list of networks which cover everything but the VPC network.

When trying to create this gateway however, I get the following error:

“Unable to execute API command createvpncustomergateway due to invalid value. Value greater than max allowed length 255 for param: peerCidrList"

The string I need to pass is about 293 characters long. Is it possible to increase this limit?

Thanks and regards
Daniel Herrmann

--
Daniel Herrmann
Network Architect – Fraunhofer Private Cloud

Mail: daniel.herrmann@zv.fraunhofer.de

Re: Increase CIDR list parameter length limit of API when creating VPN customer gateway

Posted by Jayapal Reddy <ja...@gmail.com>.
Hi Daniel,

Currently the api param max length allowed is 255 chars only.

The work around will be try creating createvpncustomergateway cidr param
with less than 255 and then edit the db table 's2s_customer_gateway'.

Thanks,
Jayapal
@Accelerite

Posted by da...@zv.fraunhofer.de.