Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by Martin Lander <ma...@gmail.com> on 2012/03/24 17:16:25 UTC

Icon address errors from the OpenOffice.org Start screen (soffice.bin)

The icons at the bottom of the screen are wrongly addressed.

eg. The ""Add new features to OpenOffice.org" Plugin icon redirects to
http://tools.services.openoffice.org/forward/OpenOffice.org/extensions.jsp?cid=920794&lang=en-US

but this link fails.

[image: Inline image 1]

I suspect the other icons either side of this won't work either because
they point to redundant web addresses.
--
yours
Martin Lander

Re: Icon address errors from the OpenOffice.org Start screen (soffice.bin)

Posted by Dan Lewis <el...@gmail.com>.
On Sun, 2012-03-25 at 03:16 +1100, Martin Lander wrote:
> The icons at the bottom of the screen are wrongly addressed.
>

> eg. The ""Add new features to OpenOffice.org" Plugin icon redirects
> http://tools.services.openoffice.org/forward/OpenOffice.org/extensions.jsp?cid=920794&lang=en-US
> but this link fails.

> I suspect the other icons either side of this won't work either
> because they point to redundant web addresses.

     The correct link is
http://extensions.services.openoffice.org/?lang=en-US. The problem is
that you are using OOo 3.3.0 or earlier which have their links prior to
Oracle donating OOo to the Apache Foundation. The Apache OpenOffice
developer builds have the correct links. However, I would not advise
using these for other than testing purposes because of potential bugs.
When the first version of Apache OpenOffice is available in the next
several months, the links will be correct.
     Prior to this happening, you probably should go to
www.openoffice.org for your needs. (It is now up and running (and has
been for some time.)

--Dan

Re: Icon address errors from the OpenOffice.org Start screen (soffice.bin)

Posted by Roberto Galoppini <rg...@geek.net>.
On Sat, Mar 24, 2012 at 5:16 PM, Martin Lander <ma...@gmail.com>wrote:

> The icons at the bottom of the screen are wrongly addressed.
>
> eg. The ""Add new features to OpenOffice.org" Plugin icon redirects to
>
> http://tools.services.openoffice.org/forward/OpenOffice.org/extensions.jsp?cid=920794&lang=en-US
>

> but this link fails.
>
> [image: Inline image 1]
>

> I suspect the other icons either side of this won't work either because
> they point to redundant web addresses.
> --
> yours
> Martin Lander

We actually need addresses like
http://tools.services.openoffice.org/forward/OpenOffice.org/extensions.jsp?cid=920794&lang=XYZ
(or even something more generic) to be redirected to
http://extensions.services.openoffice.org/?lang=XYZ

Can someone from the Apache Infra team help with this?

Best,

Roberto

====
This e- mail message is intended only for the named recipient(s) above. It may contain confidential and privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail and any attachment(s) is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please immediately notify the sender by replying to this e-mail and delete the message and any attachment(s) from your system. Thank you.