Posted to dev@community.apache.org by Shane Curcuru <as...@shanecurcuru.org> on 2016/04/11 19:39:05 UTC

Should we update /policies/anti-harassment for Apache events?

We have a posted anti-harassment policy focused on behavior at in-person
events, but it's looking a bit outdated since it references ConCom [1]...

  http://www.apache.org/foundation/policies/anti-harassment.html

With the recent questions about our event branding policy, and the many
Apache projects that are running their own Meetups or other smaller
events, is it time to update this policy as well, and either require or
suggest it's adopted by events?

Note that ApacheCon and other major events are covered by
anti-harassment policies by their producers (LinuxFoundation in many cases).

- Shane

[1] Conferences Committee, the second PMC created at the ASF in 1999
after the HTTP Server PMC, but disbanded a few years back with the
changes in how ApacheCon was produced.

RE: Should we update /policies/anti-harassment for Apache events?

Posted by LA SMITH <le...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.
Keep him or her band from site.

Posted by علي ابو ز <gv...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Christopher <ct...@apache.org>.
Other than the outdated reference, are there specific updates you feel
should be made?