Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Michael Henderson <mh...@mac.com> on 2005/03/10 06:55:52 UTC

New version of the Tapestry Palette

A new (unstable) version of the palette is available. The new version
of the plugin can be downloaded from within Eclipse from the update
site at:

         http://tapestrypalette.mjhenderson.com/unstable

This version supports download and install of component libraries via
drag and drop.  For more information read:

http://tapestrypalette.mjhenderson.com/C868201159/E241638661/index.html

The above page includes a link to a Flash movie tour of the plugins
main features including the new remote library feature.

I've tested on Linux and WIn XP with no major problems but the plugin
won't work on OS X.

Mike

Re: New version of the Tapestry Palette

Posted by Erik Hatcher <er...@ehatchersolutions.com>.
On Mar 10, 2005, at 12:55 AM, Michael Henderson wrote:
>  but the plugin won't work on OS X.

Then it may as well not even exist!  :)

	Erik

Re: New version of the Tapestry Palette

Posted by Michael Henderson <mh...@mac.com>.
Hi,

If you have a component library, just publish the supplier XML file on
the web and I can enter the URL into the Tapestry Palette > Remote
Libraries preference page and it will be added automatically.

A sample can be found at:
http://www.mjhenderson.com/tapestry/components/supplier-
mjhenderson.com.xml

which looks like:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<supplier id="mjhenderson" label="www.mjhenderson.com"
homePage="http://www.mjhenderson.com">

	<description>Mikes Cool Components</description>

	<library id="dynamic"
			label="Dynamic Block"
			preferredNamespace="dynamic"
			specificationPath="/com/mjhenderson/tapestry/components/dynamic/
Dynamic.library"
			downloadURL="http://www.mjhenderson.com/tapestry/components/dynamic/
dynamic.jar"
			version="0.1" >

		<description>
		<![CDATA[Dynamic Block is designed for situations when you want to be
able to place different components onto a page according to some
decision made at runtime.

The same effect can be achieved with the Tapestry Conditional or Block
components but these both require the selection of components to be a
design-time decision. Dynamic Block allows you to defer the decision
until runtime.
]]>
		</description>

	</library>

</supplier>

If you have more than one library, use more <library> definitions. The
XML file also supports a <documentationURL> tag which can be nested
inside the < library>  tag to provide a link to the library
documentation from the palette inspector before you download the
library and install it.

There is no DTD or schema yet, since it will probably change, I want to
be able to support ordinary libraries, not just component libraries and
in future some sort of notification of available updates

Posted by Henri Dupre <he...@gmail.com>.
> The above page includes a link to a Flash movie tour of the plugins
> main features including the new remote library feature.

Fantastic work. The remote library is such a smart feature... better
than any component portal! It is just missing a way to upload
component librairies there ;-)

Henri.

Re: New version of the Tapestry Palette

Posted by Michael Henderson <mh...@mac.com>.
Hi,
   New version 0.1.2  on the unstable update site
(http://tapestrypalette.mjhenderson.com/unstable) has a fix for a
problem which appears to be the same as this problem. Opening a
read-only file (like a .class file in a library) would leave the
palette locked out, never refreshing to show component folders when
swtching back to the component pages.

Try this new version (tested, quickly, on Win XP, Mac OS X, Linux)

Posted by Michael Henderson <mh...@mac.com>.
No, it should work, I've so far tested it on Mac OS X and Linux and Win
XP.

You must have a template open and it must be the current editor. The
project must be a Tapestry project created with Spindle and there must
be no build errors.

Please file a bug-report on the sourceforge site with details of
circumstances (OS, Eclipse, Spindle, Palette versions, files open,
etc.) if this does not resolve the issue so that I can replicate the
problem.

Posted by Ben Eng <be...@jetpen.com>.
I upgraded to 0.1.1 and now the Palette does not show any
components. Do I need to configure a remote library supplier profile
to get the standard and contrib components to show up?  If so, what is
the URL?

Thanks!

Ben