Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Shawn McKinney <sm...@apache.org> on 2018/11/16 12:36:29 UTC

Fortress' New Logo Usage on Project Website

Hi,

Recently a new logo was adopted:
https://github.com/apache/directory-fortress-core/blob/master/images/ApacheFortressLogo_FINAL_SM.png

Comes in variations, w/out text, size, etc.

I’d like to start using this on fortress’ website but want to make sure it’s OK, and hopefully obtain some guidance on its placement.

For example, are there are changes to the css, how will it fit with Directory template, is it a companion to the tree, colors, blah, blah, blah — I’m terrible with such things.

— Shawn

Re: Fortress' New Logo Usage on Project Website

Posted by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@apache.org>.
Sounds kool.

I think it's fine to have a dedicated logo for each sub project, for at
least 2 reasons :

- first to make it clear it's a distinct project
- second because at some point, it may become a TLP, too (now, it's all
about the number of contributors it has, and that's another story).

Regarding its integration, I think the best is to modify the CSS that
exposes the Directory top banner, as a picture put on top of this banner. I
have no remote idea how that can be done, though... Or simply get the
banner image, and add the Fortress logo in it. That is probably simpler.

On Fri, Nov 16, 2018 at 1:36 PM Shawn McKinney <sm...@apache.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Recently a new logo was adopted:
>
> https://github.com/apache/directory-fortress-core/blob/master/images/ApacheFortressLogo_FINAL_SM.png
>
> Comes in variations, w/out text, size, etc.
>
> I’d like to start using this on fortress’ website but want to make sure
> it’s OK, and hopefully obtain some guidance on its placement.
>
> For example, are there are changes to the css, how will it fit with
> Directory template, is it a companion to the tree, colors, blah, blah, blah
> — I’m terrible with such things.
>
> — Shawn

Cordialement,
Emmanuel Lécharny