Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by "Brandl, Thomas" <tb...@barff.de> on 2004/07/20 08:09:59 UTC

global revision number as keywords

Hi,

as I'm pretty unexperienced with subversion, I wonder how to accomplish
to define the global (youngest) revision number of a repository as a
keyword (or in with any other method) in order to make it visible on -
say - all HTML-templates.
I am using the $Rev$ keyword, which doesn't help me much because it's
updated on a per-file basis.

Thanks very much!

regards
Thomas

Re: global revision number as keywords

Posted by Max Bowsher <ma...@ukf.net>.
Brandl, Thomas wrote:
> Hi,
>
> as I'm pretty unexperienced with subversion, I wonder how to accomplish
> to define the global (youngest) revision number of a repository as a
> keyword (or in with any other method) in order to make it visible on -
> say - all HTML-templates.
> I am using the $Rev$ keyword, which doesn't help me much because it's
> updated on a per-file basis.

http://subversion.tigris.org/project_faq.html#version-value-in-source

Max.