Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by "Sean C. Sullivan" <se...@seansullivan.com> on 2002/02/10 09:16:50 UTC

[httpclient] patch for GetMethod.java, recycle() method in GetMethod class

 jakarta-commons httpclient inquiry + patch:

The HttpMethod interface declares a method called
recycle():

----------------

    /**
     * Recycle this method so that it can be used again.
     * Note that all of my instance variables will be reset
     * once this method has been called.
     */
    public void recycle();

----------------

The GetMethod class implements the HttpMethod interface
and the recycle method:

#################

   // override recycle to reset redirects default
   public void recycle() {
        super.recycle();
        setFollowRedirects(true);
    }

################

GetMethod.recycle() does not reset its instance variables properly.

I am attaching a patch for GetMethod.java  (patch file:  GetMethod.patch)

Cheers,

-Sean

Re: [httpclient] patch for GetMethod.java, recycle() method in GetMethod class

Posted by dIon Gillard <di...@multitask.com.au>.
Sean C. Sullivan wrote:

> jakarta-commons httpclient inquiry + patch:
>
>The HttpMethod interface declares a method called
>recycle():
>
>----------------
>
>    /**
>     * Recycle this method so that it can be used again.
>     * Note that all of my instance variables will be reset
>     * once this method has been called.
>     */
>    public void recycle();
>
>----------------
>
>The GetMethod class implements the HttpMethod interface
>and the recycle method:
>
>#################
>
>   // override recycle to reset redirects default
>   public void recycle() {
>        super.recycle();
>        setFollowRedirects(true);
>    }

>GetMethod.recycle() does not reset its instance variables properly.
>
>I am attaching a patch for GetMethod.java  (patch file:  GetMethod.patch)
>
>Cheers,
>
>-Sean

Applied....

--