Posted to user@mesos.apache.org by Matteo Piccinini <ma...@brightcomputing.com> on 2016/07/19 08:47:55 UTC

Marathon endpoint link and host networking

Hello everyone,

I'm study mesos and marathon to schedule docker container.
I have an issue when creating a container with host networking, the
endpoint link in marathon doesn't reflect the actual port exposed by the
container.

For example I have a container running a simple python http server on port
9090, If I open the browser pointing to node002:9090 I can reach the
webserver:

[root@node002 ~]# docker inspect --format='{{ .Args }}'
mesos-3d93450b-d3b0-4665-b2bf-caf7c825cc8c-S0.6100a615-930d-4f75-8689-dd23955bf3a9
[-c python3 -m http.server 9090]

[root@node002 ~]# lsof -i :9090
COMMAND  PID USER   FD   TYPE DEVICE SIZE/OFF NODE NAME
python3 3221 root    4u  IPv4  29629      0t0  TCP *:websm (LISTEN)

But the endpoint link on marathon point to another port "node002:4681"
instead of 9090.

What I'm doing wrong?

Is anyone else experiencing the same issue?

I'm running the following mesos/marathon version on centos 7u2:

[root@cluster1-headnode1 ~]# rpm -qa |grep -Ew 'mesos|marathon'
marathon-1.1.1-1.0.472.el7.x86_64
mesos-0.28.1-2.0.20.centos701406.x86_64

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,
Matteo

Re: Marathon endpoint link and host networking

Posted by tommy xiao <xi...@gmail.com>.
cool tips.

--
Deshi Xiao
Twitter: xds2000

Re: Marathon endpoint link and host networking

Posted by Matteo Piccinini <ma...@brightcomputing.com>.
Hello Haosdent,

It sounds like an issue of Marathon, may you mind post it at marathon email
> list https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=en#!forum/marathon-framework

Thanks for your suggestion, I posted the message on the marathon list.

Posted by haosdent <ha...@gmail.com>.
It sounds like an issue of Marathon, may you mind post it at marathon email
list https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=en#!forum/marathon-framework

--
Best Regards,
Haosdent Huang