Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by Andrey Kotrekhov <ko...@gmail.com> on 2009/12/10 16:11:05 UTC

qpidc and FreeBSD

Hello.
Are there any plans to port qpidc to FreeBSD or other BSD* ?

Sorry if this is offtopic

--
Andrey Kotrekhov

Re: qpidc and FreeBSD

Posted by Andrey Kotrekhov <ko...@gmail.com>.
2009/12/10 Rajith Attapattu <ra...@gmail.com>

> Hello Andrey
>
> No it's not off topic.
> Currently there is no effort on this.
> Are you interested in having a crack at this?

Port to FreeBSD is very interesting for me

> There have been successful ports to windows and solaris.
>

> Please feel to join the dev list and ask questions.
>  I am sure you will receive enough guidance on what to do.

Thanks.

> Regards,
>
> Rajith Attapattu
> Red Hat
> http://rajith.2rlabs.com/
>
> On Thu, Dec 10, 2009 at 10:11 AM, Andrey Kotrekhov
> <ko...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hello.
> > Are there any plans to port qpidc to FreeBSD or other BSD* ?
> >
> > Sorry if this is offtopic
> >
> > --
> > Andrey Kotrekhov

> Project:      http://qpid.apache.org

Andrey Kotrekhov

Re: qpidc and FreeBSD

Posted by Rajith Attapattu <ra...@gmail.com>.
Please create a JIRA and attach to it.
Also please make sure to check the box "Grant license to ASF for
inclusion in ASF works (as per the Apache License §5) "

There is also the following JIRA.

Rajith

On Tue, Feb 2, 2010 at 9:34 AM, Andrey Kotrekhov
<ko...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have done a little patch. Should I register in JIRA to send it or may I
> send it to somebody of developers?
>

> 2009/12/11 Alan Conway <ac...@redhat.com>

>>> Currently the Solaris port does not build - and there isn't enough time
>>> to get it working for the 0.6 release.
>>>
>>> Some of the problem here is due to the use of the SunPro C++ compiler
>>> which has yet different quirks from the gcc and Visual Studio compilers
>>> which currently can build qpid.

>>> It would be great to port to a bsd. As long as you can use gcc4 then the
>>> only significant area involved in the port is the Poller class which is
>>> currently Linux specific (implemented in
>>> cpp/src/qpid/sys/epoll/EpollPoller.cpp).
>>>
>>> The most general way to do this would be to port to use poll(). The
>>> advantage here would be that this would be very portable to posix
>>> systems. But this wouldn't have great performance. On FreeBSD creating a
>>> kqueues based port would probably be the way to go.
>>>
>>> Andrew
>>>

>> There's already a JIRA for a freeBSD port:
>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/QPID-1811. You can use that to
>> recordideas and attach patches when it gets to that.

>> Project:      http://qpid.apache.org

> Andrey Kotrekhov

Rajith Attapattu
Red Hat
http://rajith.2rlabs.com/

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org

RE: qpidc and FreeBSD

Posted by Steve Huston <sh...@riverace.com>.
Hi Andrey,

> I have done a little patch. Should I register in JIRA to send
> it or may I send it to somebody of developers?

Please register in JIRA, submit the report and attach your patch to the
jira. Be sure to check off the license-to-apache box when you attach the
patch.

Thanks!
-Steve

Re: qpidc and FreeBSD