Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by Sudip Datta <pi...@gmail.com> on 2011/11/09 12:04:08 UTC

Passing information to SolrWriter through ToolRunner

Hi,

I am constructing a Solr index using Nutch as the crawler. I am
invoking the crawler using ToolRunner.Run() to run Crawl(), which
eventually writes to a Solr index using SolrWriter. Is it possible to
pass SolrWriter some extra information - such as id's (a custom id I
am using to identify hostnames, where hostname-id is in a Map) of
hostname which could be added as a field in the Solr index, from the
method that invokes ToolRunner.run()?

Thanks,

--Sudip.

Re: Passing information to SolrWriter through ToolRunner

Posted by Sudip Datta <pi...@gmail.com>.
I wonder if its possible to pass this information using the
set(name,value) method in the Configuration object that is passed to
ToolRunner.run(). But, I guess that's a shoddy way to it. Any cleaner
ways?