Posted to general@jakarta.apache.org by Will Glass-Husain <wg...@apache.org> on 2007/03/13 18:57:02 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] Apache Velocity 1.5

The Apache Velocity Team announces the immediate availability of the
of Apache Velocity 1.5.  This long-awaited release is the first major
release of the Velocity engine as an Apache top level project (TLP).

Apache Velocity is well-known in the Java field as a lightweight,
easy-to-use templating library for creating dynamic web sites and
performing other text-generation tasks.

Besides improved template syntax and a slew of bug fixes, this release
offers a range of features that enhance peformance and ease the process
of integration with other applications and web frameworks.  A few
highlights:

* Improved syntax with new capability for decimal numbers, literal map
definitions,  multi-line statements, and support for automatic escaping
of HTML and other special entities.

* New capabilities to aid integration with other applications and web
frameworks, including enhanced error reporting, a new logging
subsystem, and a switch to unchecked instead of checked exceptions.

* Correction of several important scalability problems, including a
Least Recently Used (LRU) cache implementation and a fix to a nasty
race condition that could occur under heavy load conditions.

* Almost all known bugs have been fixed, including issues with macro
recursion, a SQL injection vulnerability, several memory leaks
and compile-time incompatibilities with Java 1.5 and 1.6.

Detailed release notes are available at:
http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-velocity/Velocity15ReleaseNotes

Apache Velocity 1.5 is downloadable from the Apache Velocity web site
http://velocity.apache.org.

For the Apache Velocity Team
     Will Glass-Husain

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Velocity 1.5

Posted by Will Glass-Husain <wg...@gmail.com>.
Thanks!

Appreciate the update-- always good to get confirmation of success.

WILL

On 6/18/07, Tim Pizey <ti...@paneris.org> wrote:

> On Tuesday 13 March 2007 17:57, Will Glass-Husain wrote:
> > The Apache Velocity Team announces the immediate availability of the
> > of Apache Velocity 1.5.  This long-awaited release is the first major
> > release of the Velocity engine as an Apache top level project (TLP).
>
> Belated Congratulations.!
>
> Melati.org upgraded with no issues, all tests passed.
>
> Thanks
>
> TimP

Forio Business Simulations

Will Glass-Husain
wglass@forio.com
www.forio.com

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Velocity 1.5

Posted by Tim Pizey <ti...@paneris.org>.

Posted by Malcolm Edgar <ma...@gmail.com>.
Hi V-Team,

I want to congradulate you all on the Velocity 1.5 release. This
framework provides a core component the Click Framework, as it does
for many others. Velocity really hits a sweat spot interms of easy of
use vs functionality.

I think this 1.5 release will be the foundation for a new stage in
Velocities development.

regards Malcolm Edgar

Posted by "Henning P. Schmiedehausen" <hp...@intermeta.de>.
sebb <se...@gmail.com> writes:

No, the signatures are fine, they were just not ascii-armored. Nathan
fixed that. There is nothing wrong with having them as binary files,
except that it is unusual.

>It looks as though all the .asc signature files are corrupt - they
>download as binary rubbish for me.

>Also, the md5 files are missing the file names.

You did open an issue for it (VELOCITY-524), we acknowledged it and
fixed the issue for the next release. What are you missing? See

http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/VELOCITY-524

	Best regards
		Henning

--
Henning P. Schmiedehausen  -- hps@intermeta.de | J2EE, Linux,               |gls
91054 Buckenhof, Germany   -- +49 9131 506540  | Apache person              |eau
                                                                            |m k
INTERMETA - Gesellschaft fuer Mehrwertdienste mbH - RG Fuerth, HRB 7350     |a s
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Buckenhof. Geschaeftsfuehrer: Henning Schmiedehausen |n

	       "Save the cheerleader. Save the world."

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Velocity 1.5

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.