Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Paul Joseph <pj...@yahoo.com> on 2004/11/09 15:55:41 UTC

newbie question re. fd:aggregate-widget

Hi,

I am able to use the fd:aggregate widget and it works
well, but I know only how to use a split pattern that
handles numbers (!) as follows:

<fd:split
pattern="([0-9]{1,1000})-([0-9]{1,1000})-([0-9]{1,1000})-([0-9]{1,1000})-([0-9]{1,1000})">

What kind of pattern should I use to handle any
alpha-numeric character whose length could vary (not
as shown above, klunkily handling numbers 1 to 1000
digits long.

I tried [.] which (I think) is per Java's regex to
handle anything, but it doesn't seem to work.

thanks!
Paul

=====
the addressee and may contain proprietary, confidential, or privileged
information.  If you are not the intended recipient, any use, copying,
disclosure, dissemination, or distribution is strictly prohibited.  If
you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender by return mail and delete this communication and destroy all copies.

Re: newbie question re. fd:aggregate-widget

Posted by Paul Joseph <pj...@yahoo.com>.
Is there anyway of genericizing the pattern to be able
to handle any unicode char?

thx
Paul
--- Paul Joseph <pj...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Dan,
>
> This works very nicely! Thank you so much!
>
> rgds
> Paul
> --- Dan Durkin <dd...@scilearn.com> wrote:
>
> > Paul,
> >
> > Could try something like:
> >
> > <fd:split

pattern="([0-9a-zA-Z]+)-([0-9a-zA-Z]+)-([0-9a-zA-Z]+)-([0-9a-zA-Z]+)-([0-9a-zA-Z]+)">

Posted by Paul Joseph <pj...@yahoo.com>.
Dan,

Posted by Dan Durkin <dd...@scilearn.com>.
Paul,