Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Tim Steeman <ti...@yahoo.com> on 2005/11/22 16:19:04 UTC

Custom JMeter.class

Greetings,
  I would like to make some adjustments to the JMeter class. However, I don't want to recompile JMeter in it's entirety (rather, I can't seem to figure out how at the moment).
  I figured I could stick NewDriver.java, DynamicClassLoader.java, and JMeter.java in a jar file that replaces ApacheJMeter.jar and run that. Unfortunately that doesn't work, as I get a "java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/jmeter/plugin/JMeterPlugin" error when I run JMeter.bat.
  I don't get this error when I run NewDriver from Eclipse, though.

  As you may have noticed, I'm not really that good with JAVA. So could someone please tell me if it's somehow possible to write a custom JMeter class, put it in a jar and run it? Or am I committing an unholy sin here and should just try something else?

  Thank you for your time,
  Tim

---------------------------------

Re: Custom JMeter.class

Posted by Tim <ti...@yahoo.com>.
Thanks a lot for the replies guys!
  I tried sebb's ApacheJMeter_addon.jar suggestion rightaway and it worked.
  This is a great and helpful community and JMeter is an awesome tool.

  -Tim

sebb <se...@gmail.com> wrote:
  You may be able to get away with creating a replacement JMeter class,
and putting it in a jar that has a name that is earlier in the
alphabet.

e.g. ApacheJMeter_addon.jar, and place it in lib/ext

If that does not work, remove JMeter.class from ApacheJMeter_core.jar as well.

Note that ApacheJMeter.jar only contains NewDriver.jar (and a
supporting class), and is only used for the initial startup. Utility
jars are loaded from lib and Jmeter code from lib/ext.

S.
P.S. Such questions really belong on the JMeter Developers e-mail list

---------------------------------

Re: Custom JMeter.class

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Re: Custom JMeter.class