Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com> on 2013/07/16 18:47:52 UTC

5.4-alpha-10 preview release

In my opinion, we are getting very close to transitioning to a beta release.

This new release is available from this Maven repository:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachetapestry-150/

This release fixes some problem in the Tree component.

In addition, it addresses a common annoyance: if there's an exception when
processing an Ajax form submission, earlier versions of Tapestry would end
up submitting the form "traditionally" (as an HTTP post, not an XHR
request). Tapestry now handles that, logs the exception (with a lot of
useful context) to the console, and aborts the initial submission event.
This makes it much easier to debug, as the exception is not simply "wiped
away" by the newly rendered page (which is often an error).

--
Howard M. Lewis Ship

Creator of Apache Tapestry

(971) 678-5210
http://howardlewisship.com

Re: 5.4-alpha-10 preview release

Posted by Massimo Lusetti <ml...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Jul 16, 2013 at 6:47 PM, Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com> wrote:

In my opinion, we are getting very close to transitioning to a beta release.

> This new release is available from this Maven repository:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachetapestry-150/
>
> This release fixes some problem in the Tree component.
>
> In addition, it addresses a common annoyance: if there's an exception when
> processing an Ajax form submission, earlier versions of Tapestry would end
> up submitting the form "traditionally" (as an HTTP post, not an XHR
> request). Tapestry now handles that, logs the exception (with a lot of
> useful context) to the console, and aborts the initial submission event.
> This makes it much easier to debug, as the exception is not simply "wiped
> away" by the newly rendered page (which is often an error).

Sounds great!

--
Massimo Lusetti