Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Ralph Jocham <rj...@yahoo.com> on 2003/01/14 22:21:01 UTC

passing of properties from a child ant task to its parent

Hi,
I have 2 differnt build files -- one is a general one
(build.xml) and the other is used by CruiseControl
(ci-buld.xml). The ci-build.xml mainly uses the
build.xml file with <ant> calls. This works fine but
now I have the following situation. The targets to run
junit tests are in build.xml. They are set to create a
propery (junit.failure, junit.error) if a failure or
error occurs. This happens in the bounds of the
build.xml. When  I test with <fail if="junit.error"
message="error"/> in the ci-build.xml it is not set,
though an error has happened. My question is, are
created properties from the child ant task being
passed back to the parent task???

Thanks,
Ralph