Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Jonathan Linczak <li...@hiram.edu> on 2004/06/23 17:23:29 UTC

RegExp Transformer?

Hi all,

New to this list, so go easy on me... :)  I'm looking for something
like a regular expression transformer.  Here's the quick situation:

I'm coming from the Lenya mailing list, and I found that one of the
editors, Kupu, somehow erroneously adds a strange character when having
multiple spaces: &Acirc;  Since there is no fix that I see, one person
suggested using a Transformer in the Cocoon pipeline to filter out
those characters before going to a generator to generate the HTML file.

Does anyone know if something like this exists?  Or is there a better
way to do this?

Jon

Re: RegExp Transformer?

Posted by Joerg Heinicke <jo...@gmx.de>.
On 23.06.2004 17:23, Jonathan Linczak wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> New to this list, so go easy on me... :)  I'm looking for something like
> a regular expression transformer.  Here's the quick situation:
>
> I'm coming from the Lenya mailing list, and I found that one of the
> editors, Kupu, somehow erroneously adds a strange character when having
> multiple spaces: &Acirc;  Since there is no fix that I see, one person
> suggested using a Transformer in the Cocoon pipeline to filter out those
> characters before going to a generator to generate the HTML file.
>
> Does anyone know if something like this exists?  Or is there a better
> way to do this?

What about just a simlpe XSLT identity transformer replacing &Acirc;
with nothing: translate($string, '&Acirc;', ''). Using XSLT instead of
your own transformer might not be the fastest solution at runtime, but
te easiest to maintain.

Joerg