Posted to general@jakarta.apache.org by Andrea Tomasini <an...@dsnet.it> on 2000/03/03 12:58:32 UTC

Custom Authentication with Servlet?

Hi to all,
 I am trying to implement a Custom Authentication Method, using a Servlet, I
would like to know if is there any kind of Handle to derive from Apache
Basic Authentication, like perl do... :-)

 Something like

<Location /CONTEXT/WEB-INF/ >
      AllowOverride None
      deny from all
	#LOOK HERE
	Auth-Handler my.own.Authorization.Servlet
	Require valid-user
</Location>

Thanks for any Hint! :-)

Byez
ANdreaT

Re: Custom Authentication with Servlet?

Posted by co...@eng.sun.com.
> Hi to all,
>  I am trying to implement a Custom Authentication Method, using a Servlet, I
> would like to know if is there any kind of Handle to derive from Apache
> Basic Authentication, like perl do... :-)

Mod_perl runs inside apache, so calling a perl method is fast - it will
work with Apache 2.0 + tomcat 3.2, with java running in the same process
with apache.

Costin