Posted to derby-dev@db.apache.org by Rick Hillegas <Ri...@Sun.COM> on 2005/08/08 22:38:16 UTC

[VOTE] Policy for supported platforms

No-one on the user list has objected to the proposed sunsetting policy
for jdk 1.3. Therefore I'm cautiously  hopeful that we can move forward
with a vote. Let's wrap up the voting by Friday evening (12 August, 2005).

Thanks,
-Rick

Re: [VOTE] Policy for supported platforms

Posted by Shreyas Kaushik <Sh...@Sun.COM>.
+1

Posted by Francois Orsini <fr...@gmail.com>.
In theory, a 10.2 level Derby release would not need/have to be
recompiled if the JARs are available for download - hence we are
saying that we will still support a 10.2 release running with jdk/jre
1.3, right? 1.3 is kinda ancient as we know...

+1

Posted by "Lance J. Andersen" <La...@Sun.COM>.
+1

Posted by Rick Hillegas <Ri...@Sun.COM>.
+1

Posted by Rick Hillegas <Ri...@Sun.COM>.
Thanks, Andrew.

-Rick

Posted by Andrew McIntyre <mc...@gmail.com>.

[RESULT] [VOTE] Policy for supported platforms

Posted by Rick Hillegas <Ri...@Sun.COM>.
This proposal also passed.  Oddly enough, the result is recorded in
STATUS and at http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/VoteResults.

Cheers,
-Rick

Re: [VOTE] Policy for supported platforms

Posted by Rick Hillegas <Ri...@Sun.COM>.
Hi Andrew,

I've made the following changes to STATUS, which I'm submitting in the
attached diff file:

1) Reworded the preamble to indicate that Derby is a full-fledged Apache
DB project.

2) Listed 10.1.1.0 as released.

3) Noted our graduation.

4) Recorded the platform support vote.

I didn't know what you meant about listing the new committers (Bernt,
Oyvind, and David). They are already at the end of the committer list.
By the way, does anyone know what the "type" column in the "Detailed
references" table means? For the original committers, this
column holds some kind of login name or abbreviation which, at least in
some cases, isn't the individual's JIRA id. Currently, this
column is blank for the new committers.

Thanks in advance to some industrious committer for checking in these
changes,
-Rick

Posted by Andrew McIntyre <mc...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Daniel John Debrunner <dj...@debrunners.com>.
Rick Hillegas wrote:

> For the record, this proposal passed with four +1 votes and no other votes:

Tradition is to change the subject for a result of a vote to be

[RESULT] [VOTE] <subject of vote>

i.e. in this case

[RESULT] [VOTE] Policy for supported platforms

Dan.

Re: [VOTE] Policy for supported platforms

Posted by Rick Hillegas <Ri...@Sun.COM>.