Posted to dev@aurora.apache.org by Bill Farner <wf...@apache.org> on 2015/04/07 02:05:07 UTC

[DRAFT][REPORT] Apache Aurora -

*Please find a draft of our board report below.  Happy to discuss any
modifications anyone would like to see!  I'll be submitting this tomorrow,
including any accepted edits.*

Aurora is a service scheduler used to schedule jobs onto Apache Mesos.

## Activity:

- Graduated from the Incubator in March.
- Promising adoption increase in the last 3 months: increased dev@ and IRC
activity, and patches from the community.
- Community activity has identified some promising candidates to add as
committers and/or PMC members.
- Release and deprecation processes are starting to take shape, making for
a clear development path between releases.
- 0.8.0 release is likely to be cut in April.

## Issues:

No major issues.  We endured a long bout of CI noise due to Jenkins slave
flakiness [1] (now resolved), but continue to face a whack-a-mole of other
related issues.

## PMC/Committership changes

- New PMC member: Zameer Manji, 2014-09-01
- New committer: Joshua Cohen, 2015-02-02

## Releases

Last release: 0.7.0-incubating, Release Date: Feb 05, 2015

## Mailing list activity

- dev@aurora.apache.org:
  - 126 subscribers
  - 487 e-mails in the last 3 months [2]

## JIRA activity

- 257 JIRA tickets created in the last 3 months [3]
- 174 JIRA tickets closed/resolved in the last 3 months [4]

[2]
http://markmail.org/search/?q=list%3Aorg.apache.aurora.dev+and+date%3A20150106-20150406
[3]
https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=project%20%3D%20AURORA%20and%20createdDate%3E-90d