Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Andreas Lehmann <a....@david-bs.de> on 2002/07/12 11:43:00 UTC

getRemoteUser in Tomcat 3.3.1 does not work

Hi,

I am trying to get the remote user under tomcat 3.3.1 and apache 1.3.12 on NT4 and Win2k.
The authentification is done by apache and the ntlm module.

If I try getRemoteUser() I only get a null value.
I tryed NTLM and BASIC authentification - nothing works.
I tryed various mod_jk.dll Versions - nothing helps.
I tryed Tomcat 3.2.3 - everything works fine.

Whats the problem with tomcat 3.3.1? Is this a bug or bevavior by design?

cu
Andreas