Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by Ted Roeloffzen <te...@gmail.com> on 2013/08/12 12:30:58 UTC

password and username with signature

Hi All,

How does CXF generate a signature as specified in a WSS-policy?
Do I need a username and password?

At this point I have a created my own custom implementation of a Crypto.
When I register this in CXF and try to send a message, I get an exception
stating that there is no password or callback-handler.

What is the password used for?
Is it used for the keystore or is it used to create the signature?

kind regards,

Ted

Re: password and username with signature

Posted by Colm O hEigeartaigh <co...@apache.org>.
The password is used to get the private key from the keystore. You could
try just setting a dummy password to use with your Crypto implementation to
see if it works, and then create a JIRA with the exception that is thrown
without the dummy password.

Colm.

--
Colm O hEigeartaigh