Posted to users@maven.apache.org by vpothnis <vi...@yahoo.com> on 2010/12/06 19:12:03 UTC

Maven 3.x + Release Perform + Parent POM Resolution

Hello,

I recently migrated to maven 3.0.1. I read in the compatibility notes that
the parent pom resolution is now stricter in maven 3.x

I have the following structure:

-pom.xml
-moduleA
  -- pom.xml
-moduleB
  -- pom.xml

I am running into an issue when I make a release:perform from the modules.

During the release:perform, the plugin checks out the tagged source from the
SCM into the following folder:
<project-base>/target/checkout

But since the <relativePath> element in my child level pom.xml is
"../pom.xml" , the release:perform is failing.

I was able to get around this by modifying the <workingDirectory> element
the release plugin configuration.

But is there a better way to handle this? This was working ok with Maven
2.x.

Thanks
Vinay