Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Jamie McCormick <ja...@icuinvestigations.com> on 2016/04/25 21:11:48 UTC

Problem

Good Afternoon,

I've been using open office for awhile now and lately it  seems that it keeps crashing. Do you have a suggestions to prevent this or explanation why it keeps crashing?  In the mean time, I have to keep restarting my computer to make the program work.

Best Regards,
Jamie McCormick
Internal Investigator
ICU Investigations
Phone: 800-524-9755
Fax: 856-988-0727

Re: Problem

Posted by Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>.
On Mon, 25 Apr 2016 19:11:48 +0000
Jamie McCormick <ja...@icuinvestigations.com> wrote:

> Good Afternoon,
>

> I've been using open office for awhile now and lately it  seems that it keeps crashing. Do you have a suggestions to prevent this or explanation why it keeps crashing?  In the mean time, I have to keep restarting my computer to make the program work.
>

> Best Regards,
> Jamie McCormick
> Internal Investigator
> ICU Investigations
> Phone: 800-524-9755
> Fax: 856-988-0727

The usual cure for sudden instability in OpenOffice is to make a new User Profile.  If using Windows do this by
renaming your OpenOffice user profile. As you are using Windows do this by closing OpenOffice and the Quickstarter. Open File Explorer. Copy and paste %appdata%\OpenOffice\4 in the File Explorer Address Bar (not the search engine) and press Enter. Rename the "user" folder ("user.old" is a suitable choice). Start OpenOffice.

If you have customised dictionaries etc, you can later bring forward the files to the new profile

--
Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>