Posted to dev@harmony.apache.org by Pavel Rebriy <pa...@gmail.com> on 2006/10/10 08:11:04 UTC

[drlvm][jvmti] Last commit of Harmony-1582 brocks JVMTI support for DRLVM.

Hello,

Fix for Harmony-1582 brocks initialization of JVMTI support. I'm
investigating the problem and going to create fixing JIRA as soon as
possible.

P.S. May be include several JVMTI tests into "build test".

--
Best regards,
Pavel Rebriy

Re: [drlvm][jvmti] Last commit of Harmony-1582 brocks JVMTI support for DRLVM.

Posted by Pavel Rebriy <pa...@gmail.com>.
Regarding patching generation of native callback, function
gen_native_readinternal() doesn't use in VM and this is a dead code.
As to me it should be eliminated.

-    s = mov(s,  M_Base_Opnd(esp_reg, 0),  Imm_Opnd((int)jni_native_intf)) ;
> // o0=jni_native_intf
> +    s = mov(s,  M_Base_Opnd(esp_reg,
> 0),  Imm_Opnd((int)p_TLS_vmthread->jni_env)) ; // o0=jni_native_intf

Regarding patching SingleStep, it's so trivial patch I think it can be
applied with issue with or without it TI doesn't work anyway.

Anyway, I vote for a quick inclusion of this patch.

Good point!.

Posted by Salikh Zakirov <Sa...@Intel.com>.
Geir Magnusson Jr. wrote:
> If all agree, please submit your change as a patch to that patch :)

Sorry for confusion,
it wasn't my change, but commented changes from HARMONY-1826.

Re: [drlvm][jvmti] Last commit of Harmony-1582 brocks JVMTI support for DRLVM.

Posted by "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@pobox.com>.

Posted by Salikh Zakirov <Sa...@Intel.com>.

Posted by "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@pobox.com>.
I'd like to rephrase this to be clear -

It seems that HARMONY-1826 breaks the interpreter - when applied to
current SVN trunk, all smoke tests fail for interpreter

geir

Posted by "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@pobox.com>.

Posted by Pavel Rebriy <pa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@pobox.com>.

Pavel Rebriy wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Fix for Harmony-1582 brocks initialization of JVMTI support. I'm
> investigating the problem and going to create fixing JIRA as soon as
> possible.

Great - thanks